Tuesday 11 January 2011

Tuck it in!

I always tuck my Tee into skirts, probs because most of my skirts are high waisted and so this looks best but I have found a new appreciation for tucking tops into trousers.
It's the return of the anti-rebel!
When I was in school we never tucked our blouses or PE shirts in , taking it as our right to free our waistband from bunching up, uncomfortable  material. Going all the way against it I sat in detentions for this cause, we rolled up our shirts under jumpers to hide it from these waistband thieves... only to be stopped in the corridors to be asked to do the embarrassing act of shoving the front of it down the skirt whilst everyone watched.

Now I find myself tucking my tops into my trousers .......I should be ashamed of myself.



Trousers Select
Top Internacionalle
Belt Vintage
Boots Dr.martens from TKMaxx
Beads Vintage

I have been doing it a lot with these trousers (well I say trousers, they are elasticated and all that fly/pocket detailing is fake, they're treggings really!) I think it because it gives more of a severe look like army trousers.

I had a weird realisation this weekend, I've been feeling really stressed about deadlines and jobs to do lately, combined with losing my job over Christmas and stressing bout getting a new one but in the shower on Saturday I just had this overwhelming feeling of calm, content and just Happy being myself in my life. (and its far from perfect, not that I think a perfect life would be so interesting)

I am a happy person, but it was just a lovely feeling (and no I didn't have the shower on too hot) and it has continued so, I am not stressing and just enjoying everything, my little walks in the morning, wearing what I like, chatting to people I love, all the little things that I think we don't make enough of!

So Happy feelings to all of you, hope it rubs off <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts and queries...