Thursday 24 February 2011

British and Loyal... not quite Royal

If you follow me on Twitter then you would know that I spent a day in London doing a bit of shopping, visiting and going to British Art Show 7 at the Hayward Gallery (post to follow)

I really do love living so close that I can easily access everything, as I love the shows, shopping and culture there, but I wouldn't want to live there.

I get the best of both worlds !

And what better to wear than a (newly bought at the weekend) dress with the Royal Guards on!












Dress- Primark
Tights- I can never remember where tights come from but they are not new!
Socks- H&M
Shoes- Camden
Blazer- Miss Selfridges
Bag- Charity Stall
Earrings- Republic


Managed to get up and out by 9, with a homemade Egg mc muffin (the egg may of fallen on the floor at one point, but I still made it!)  and then in London by halfpast.

I went to the Hayward first, must be like my 3rd day on the SouthBank in a week, as it is part of the Southbank Centre, where I saw Frankenstein. It was a very Interesting show of all the up and coming artists and I love to go and see something a bit different,,,and some of them surely were!

Then I went to Soho, had a walk around the fancy dress shops there and Berwick Street market which is mainly fruit and veg and some good independent Record shops. Then we walked through China town, and my dad bought me a cute little china bunny, seeing as it is Year of The Rabbit, and a rabbit in a tea cup on a pen!!! I  KNOW> AMAZEMENT ! They have a really good, indoor market/shopping centre, with loads of good, jewelery, Chinese stationary/ clothes/ punky stuff which we always get something in .

After a bit more of a walk around, I ate in Leon, a really good chain for allergies, and fast, healthy food. I had one of their 'hot boxes' with rice, and lemon chicken and sauce and coleslaw :) YUMMY

The last place we went to was Camden as we usually find a few cool bits but we were so glad we went last as tbh, it just keeps on going down hill. It is prettier than ever since a couple of years ago they revamped the Stables which has made it a really great place for vintage and retro wear bit the High street has gone to pot.
There are still a few independent clothing and craft retailers down the lanes, the gothy shops, a few mod/skin head shops, Cyberdog, retro wear, independent jewelers and a few more Japanese clothing stores selling lolita but loads of the highstreet shops have become touristy and commerical.

They all sell the same ACTUALLY THE EXACT SAME stock; sunglasses, England stock, bongs, slogan t-shirts and market stall clothing.
Now, don't get me wrong, I'm the first to love a bit of cheap clothing, souvenir and tat but not from Camden, it was the heart of punk and subculture and just like everything else is becoming so commerical.

TBH I was very disappointed and it was only December that I last went????
Oh and there were loads of European school trips going round in 'I <3 Londonhats trying to take pictures of me, ME FFS, one even dropped his camera in the road because he was struggling to take a picture as I walked past. LOL

Anyway enough of the rant, I had a nice day out shopping in town with my mum today,  not for clothing but art stuff like moss and toy trainsets, although I did get a £5 Barbie Tshirt from Miss selfridges and one of the Vivienne Westwood Red Nose Day Tshirts from TK Maxx :)

Hmmmm...really long post, maybe I should of split it up? but i'm just sooo busy!

Back to London tommorow for another trip round Sherlock Holmes house :)

4 comments:

  1. Love the print on that dress, great look x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Thank you so much for following my blog.
    Ive been looking through your blog, and I'm in awe! You seriously have some of the best fashion on here that I've seen for a long time!
    I'm looking forward to seeing more posts from you, and I hope we can become blog buddies!

    http://deedeeoho.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks deedee! same back at ya! and deffo sure to be blog buddies! thanks alot! xx

    ReplyDelete

thoughts and queries...