Thursday 21 July 2011

I'M a fucking princess.

I had my Prom last moth, at Leeds Castle. I wanted to go but didn't want to buy into the whole, arrive in limo, buy generic dress from House of Fraser, wait /beg some boy to take me, have my nails and hair done so I look nothing like what i usually do shit.

So yeh, found some awesome material in a shop in Brighton and made myself a dress fro £20, wore my white Dr. Martens (not like I'm gonna wear heels just because everyone else was) and made myself a new tutu out of an ikea net curtain. PLAN.

I had no date but went with friends and even made my own corsage out of a £3 bunch of roses I bought at lunch time :)


Castle :) With my Buddy Bethany :)




Made the dress myself, from no pattern, just went with a one shouldered circle skirt, few pleat in the front and a HUUUGE bow on the back :) It had double interfacing and net inside to keep it so stiff but I did feel like a Disney character :) RESULT.
Even bought lace gloves form the fancy dress shop to complete the look :) It was a lovely night but it was difficult to go to the loo with three net skirts on haha!!!

8 comments:

  1. This is amazing! I can't believe you made that dress; I am seriously impressed. I would buy a dress like that and you made it, waahhh you're my hero. And you had your prom at a castle?! ...I am officially jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That came out fantastically! Looks really cute with the tutu and corsage on it :D
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing!! Cannot BELIEVE you made that yourself, you are seriously talented miss!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look fricking fabulous. ace. tops. wicked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You rock! this is so great! you r really tallented!

    http://izumihiiiflower.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. :O
    You look AMAZING. You look like the perfect punk princess <3 hehe
    I would seriously kill for your skills, missy!
    And you wore DOCS, yes! I love wearing my docs to formal events, I dislike heels I'm tall enough already haha

    Basically I love everything about this <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE THIS OUTFIT !

    ameliechateliermusic.com
    missy-daisy.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. your outfit is fantastic! i love that you did your prom your own way! and i love that you wore docs! I am a boot girl myself! the pink tartan is divine

    http://frustratedwriterstyle.blogspot.com/
    http://rosesandvellum.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

thoughts and queries...